David A. Crouse
Department of Soil Science
North Carolina State University
PO Box 7619
Raleigh, North Carolina 27695-7619
Room: 2224 Williams Hall
Office Phone: 919.515.7302
Specialty: Geospatial Technologies for Soil Science and Agriculture
Research, Extension and Teaching programs provide statewide leadership in the area of precision agriculture, GIS, remote sensing and related technologies. Environmental management and agronomic best management practices are emphasized. In addition, Dr. Crouse serves as the coordinator for the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences Geographic Information Systems Laboratory.
- Nutrient Management in North Carolina Bulletins
- SoilFacts: Guidelines for the Commercial Application of Poultry Litter
- SoilFacts: Waste Analysis
- Certification Training for Operators of Animal Waste Management Systems-Type A Systems. North Carolina Cooperative Extension Service Publication AG-538-A (revised).
- Certification Training for Operators of Animal Waste Management Systems-Type B Systems. North Carolina Cooperative Extension Service Publication AG-538-B (revised).
- SoilFacts: Use of On-farm records for Modifying a Certified Animal Waste Management Plan.
- Field calibration procedures for semi solid animal waste application equipment-Load-area method. North Carolina Cooperative Extension Service Publication AG-553-5.
- Field calibration procedures for solid and semi solid animal waste application equipment-Weight-Area Method. North Carolina Cooperative Extension Service Publication AG-553-4.
- K. A. Shaffer and D.A. Crouse. 1997. Certification training for operators of animal waste management systems: Type B. N.C. Coop. Ext. Ser. Pub. AG-538-B.
- Williams, J.D., C.R. Crozier, J.G. White, R.P. Sripada, and D.A. Crouse. 2007. Comparison of soil nitrogen tests for corn fertilizer recommendations in the humid southeastern USA. Soil Science Society of America Journal 71: 171-180.
- Anderson, E.S., J.A. Thompson, D.A. Crouse, and R.E. Austin. 2006. Horizontal resolution and data density effects on remotely sensed LIDAR-based DEM. Geoderma, 132, 406-415.
- Heiniger, R.W., J.L. Havlin, D.A. Crouse, C. Kvein, T. Knowles. 2002. Seeing is Believing: The Role of Field Days and Tours in Precision Agriculture Education. Precision Agric. 3(4):309-318.
- Crouse, D. A., H. Sierzputowska-Garcz, and R.L. Mikkelsen. 2000. Optimization of sample pH and temperature for phosphorus-31 nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy of poultry manure extracts. Communications in Soil Science and Plant Analysis. 31:229-240.
- Crouse, D.A., S.C. Hodges, C.R. Campbell, and J.P. Zublena. 1999. Sampling techniques for nutrient analysis of animal manure. In G.M. Pierzynski, (ed.) Methods of Phosphorus Analysis for Soils, Sediments, Residuals, and Waters. Southern Cooperative Series Bulletin #396
Peer Reviewed Proceedings
- Havlin J., S. Hodges, D. Osmond, A. Johnson, D. Crouse, W. Skaggs, R. Evans, J. Parsons, P. Westerman, L. Price, R. Reich. 2002. Assessing the risk of phosphorus delivery to North Carolina waters. Proceeding International Symposium Addressing Animal Production and Environmental Issues. Oct. 3-5, 2001, Raleigh, NC.
- Crouse, D.A., J.L. Havlin, R.G. McBride, J.G. White, R. Heiniger, R. Weisz, and G. Roberson. 2000. Precision Farming Education At NC State University. Proceedings of the Fifth International Conference on Precision Agriculture and Other Precision Resources Management. P.C. Robert (eds.). Bloomington/Minneapolis, MN.
- Jenkins, J., DA Crouse, R. L. Mikkelsen and R. Heiniger. 2000. Spatial Variability of Phosphorus Retention Capacities for Various Fields Precision Farming Education. Proceedings of the Fifth International Conference on Precision Agriculture and Other Precision Resources Management. P.C. Robert (eds.). Bloomington/Minneapolis, MN. July 16 - 20.
- R.E. Austin, D.A. Crouse, J.L. Havlin, and S.C. Hodges, THE SPATIAL INFORMATION RESEARCH LABORATORY AT NORTH CAROLINA STATE UNIVERSITY, Precision Agricultural Proceedings of the 7 International Conference, July 2000.
- Crouse, DA 1998. The evolution of animal waste management regulations in North Carolina. pp. 79-82. In Proceedings of Special Symposium of the Soil and Water Conservation Society: Manure Management in Harmony with the Environment and Society. February 10-12, 1998 Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa.
- Shaffer. K.A., DA Crouse, and R. Sheffield. 1998. Certification training for operators of animal waste management systems. Pp. 61-62. In Proceedings of Special Symposium of the Soil and Water Conservation Society: Manure Management in Harmony with the Environment and Society. February 10-12, 1998 Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa.