SSC 200 Soil Science
Fall and Spring of every year
Course Location: On Campus
An introduction to Soil Science to provide a basic understanding of the physical, chemical and biological properties of soil. Relate soil conditions to land use capability. Understand the role of soil in plant growth and environmental quality.
One semester of college chemistry.
Three midterm exams, nine quizzes, comprehensive final exam.
- Soil as a Resource
- Formation of Soil
- Identification and Classification of Soil
- Physical Properties of Soil
- Water Cycling Through Soil
- Chemistry of Soil
- Soil as a Plant Nutrient Source
- Soil Ecosystems
- Erosion and Sedimentation of Soil